DOES YOUR GARBAGE DISPOSAL HUM WHEN TURNED ON?
GARBAGE DISPOSAL REPAIR
A damaged or noisy garbage disposal can cause serious trouble to your day-to-day life. When this happens, you need to fix it as soon as possible. Any issues related to the garbage disposal can be done efficiently with our help; our professionals at LaCassa Plumbing can repair, replace, or install a new garbage disposal for you with ease.
COMMON GARBAGE DISPOSAL PROBLEMS
There are several common issues you might face with your garbage disposal, which can be quite frustrating to encounter. Here are a few signs that you need to have it repaired or replaced.
- Motor Breakdown: The garbage disposal engine can sometimes fail unexpectedly, which renders the whole machine unusable. An entire replacement of the garbage disposal is needed at this time.
- Foul Smell: The heavy smells will continue to form when the products start to decay when old food waste is trapped in the disposal. This is a strong indication that the waste can’t be disposed of efficiently.
- Jammed Garbage Disposal: One of the reasons for your garbage disposal to stop working could be that it’s jammed. If you dispose of tough cuts of meat, cornhusks, avocados, bones, or any metal, then it’ll most likely lead to a jammed garbage disposal.
- Excessive, Unnecessary Noise: Loud sounds can occur from bones, eggshells, and other garbage disposal items that can’t be disposed of properly. Loose mounting tubes, bent flyweights, and blades can also produce noise. Address the problem quickly, as loose screws will lead to water flowing into the engine. This can cause a leakage, making the situation worse.
HOW TO INCREASE THE LIFESPAN OF YOUR GARBAGE DISPOSAL?
Your garbage disposal is a rugged appliance that will run for a long time — unless it is not used correctly. Below are some essential and helpful tips with which you can increase your garbage disposal’s lifespan.
- Don’t throw the wrong things into the garbage disposal. Your garbage disposal aim should be to grind food scraps only. Animal bones, grease, butter, plastic, glass, cheese, oil, and metal parts are among the items you should avoid flushing down the drain. You should also avoid grinding starchy foods, like spaghetti and rice.
- To help with odors, buy disposal cleaners. If your garbage disposal starts to stink, consider buying a disposal cleaner.
- Avoid using drain cleaners in the garbage disposal. Drain cleaners contain harsh chemicals that can damage your disposal.
- Run your garbage disposal every other day. You should do this, even when you don’t have much to grind or dispose of. If you don’t have food waste, you can run it with cold water.
- Turn to the experts. Last but not the least, contact us at LaCassa Plumbing for quick and efficient repairs when your garbage disposal system acts up.
GARBAGE DISPOSAL REPAIR IN DARIEN AND BURR RIDGE, ILLINOIS
If your faulty unit is causing clogged or backed-up drains, don’t try to clear the clog yourself. Instead, you should get assistance from us. We’ll figure out if it’s more cost-effective to patch or upgrade your unit. With prompt, specialist repair service, our technicians can quickly and efficiently fix your broken garbage disposal unit.
From broken garbage disposals to ones that aren’t working at peak efficiency, we here at LaCassa Plumbing can help get rid of your smelly kitchen situation. Conveniently located in Darien and the surrounding Burr Ridge area, we are proud to be your trusted, go-to plumbing service for all of your garbage disposal needs. To request our services, please contact us today!